Friends can’t uninstall avast and looking for how to uninstall avast on windows 10 then follow this post. Avast is highly used antivirus software across the globe. It has got millions of trusted users who use it on a daily basis. There are tons of products released by Avast every now and then for its users.
The main purpose of the software is to protect the system from virus and malware threats. With the increase of internet usage, there is a high risk of getting affected by malware. It is mandatory to have an antivirus installed in the system in order to address such online threats. Not just internet users, but also regular users of PCs need to have an antivirus installed in their systems as the virus can make way into it through pendrives and data cables when connected.
Avast antivirus software is available for both MAC and PC. Android users can also get their hands on the software and protect their device from threats. We shall definitely recommend our users to have antivirus software on their PC, but not everyone is OK to do that.
This is all because the antivirus sometimes could slow down the system performance or block important sites from accessing due to virus threats. Many users are not at all okay with it and tend to uninstall it from their systems. Though it is important to have an antivirus on the PC or MAC platforms, few users don’t like to have one.
If you are one among them and want to uninstall Avast from your PC, then you have clicked the right link and landed in the right page. We are here to help you with the uninstallation of Avast. Give it a read!
How to uninstall Avast
Though it seems pretty easy to uninstall Avast from the PC or MAC, it actually does have a process to follow using only which you can completely remove it from PC or MAC. Some users want to uninstall Avast just to re-install it in order to get rid of problems if any.
Though there is a traditional method to uninstall this antivirus, not all the times, it works. You need to follow certain steps properly in order to uninstall Avast antivirus completely from your PC. No worries as we are here to help you. We have come up with a step-by-step process on how to completely uninstall Avast Antivirus from PC or MAC.
The process to uninstall Avast is almost same for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and MAC OS. Though it is not tough uninstalling the antivirus software from your system, it does involve some steps that need to be performed exactly the way they are said to be to be done. Users can remove other products of Avast like Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier, or Free Mac Security etc by following these steps.
How to uninstall Avast on PC?
- In order to uninstall Avast on PC, try open the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- In the Control Panel window, click on ‘Uninstall a program’ and find the Avast from the installed programs. Click on ‘Uninstall/Change’ and you will see a setup menu right away. Now, click on ‘Uninstall’ at the bottom of the window and click ‘Next’.
- You will receive a message pop-up that reads ‘an attempt has been made to uninstall avast!’.
- You need to proceed with uninstallation process. After successful uninstall, you will be prompted to restart your system. Instead of skipping that step, make sure to perform restart as that alone will remove Avast completely from your PC.
How to uninstall Avast Antivirus on MAC?
It is pretty simple to uninstall Avast antivirus on MAC. Just launch Avast and click on first tab reading Avast and select Uninstall Avast option from the menu bar. Simply confirm that you want to uninstall Avast from your PC and you are done with it.
Another method on how to uninstall Avast on Windows/MAC
- Go to the Programs and Features in System Settings.
- Find Avast antivirus and click on Uninstall.
- As soon as you click uninstall, you will see a message that reads “An attempt has been made to uninstall Avast. This may be a legitimate action, but could also be the result of a malware attack. Allowing this action will leave your system unprotected. Do you want to continue?’
- You need to confirm the uninstall process by clicking on ‘Yes’.
- You will see another window saying Renew your Avast for free without registering. Click on ‘Uninstall Avast’ to start the uninstallation process.
- The uninstalling will take some time and you need to click on ‘Restart computer’ or ‘Restart later’ to restart and remove Avast antivirus completely from your PC/MAC.
How to force uninstall on PC using Uninstall Utility
If you are coming across errors while uninstalling Avast from your PC, you can try out the force uninstall method to remove it permanently from your PC. You can do so by using the Uninstall Utility of Avast. This utility will help you select the Avast product that you want to uninstall and therefore remove it completely.
You can also opt to use Uninstall utility of Avast if you fail to remove Avast using traditional producers we have mentioned before. It is an automatic tool to remove Avast completely from the PC. There won’t be any system files left once you use this tool to uninstall Avast from PC.
- All you need to do is click ‘Uninstall’ and confirm that you want to remove the program from your PC.
- If you see any error popping up that reads ‘self-defense module is preventing uninstallation, simply launch Avast and go to Settings.
- Open the Troubleshooting tab and uncheck the box that reads, “Enable avast! self-defense module.”
- This will activate Uninstall Utility of Avast that removes the software from the PC completely and permanently.
How to use Avastclear to remove Avast from PC
You can make use of the avastclear, which is an uninstallation utility.
- Download avastclear.exe onto your PC.
- Boot Windows in Safe Mode.
- Launch the avastclear uninstall utility.
- Browse the Avast software and click on Remove.
- On successful removal, click on Restart to restart your computer afresh.